Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a world monetary skilled, economist, and worldwide growth skilled.
She is acknowledged in Nigeria and all over the world for her many alternative positions. For instance, she was the primary feminine international minister in Nigeria. In 2010 she broke one other file as the primary feminine and black candidate to run for the presidency of the World Financial institution group.
We might see Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Biography, Date of Beginning, Age, Early Life, Household, Mother and father, Siblings, Husband, Training, Profession, Awards, Internet Value, Houses, Vehicles, Social Media Handles, and every part else we like to find out about her .
Do not forget to go away us a remark and go it on to your pals on the finish of the article.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala profile
Earlier than we go any additional, here is a fast rundown of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s profile and some stuff you wish to find out about her:
Full identify: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Date of start: June 3, 1954
Age: 67 years outdated (2021)
native land: Delta State, Nigeria
mother and father: Professor Chukwuka Okonjo (father), Kamene Okonjo (mom)
schooling: Harvard College
Partner: Dr. Ikemba Iweala
youngsters: Onyinye Iweala, Uzodinma Iweala, Okechukwu Iweala and Uchechi Iweala
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Biography, Date of Beginning, Age, Early Life, Household and Training
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was born on June 3, 1954 in Ogwashi-Ukwu, Delta State, Nigeria. Her father, Professor Chukwuka Okonjo, is the Eze (King) of the Obahai Royal Household of Ogwashi-Ukwu, whereas her mom, Kamene Okonjo, can be a retired professor and each of them have labored on the College of Ibadan.
After finishing main college, Ngozi enrolled at Queen’s College in Enugu. She additionally attended St. Anne’s College in Molete, Ibadan and the Worldwide College Ibadan earlier than transferring to the USA, the place she was admitted to Harvard College.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala obtained his PhD in regional economics and growth from the Massachusetts Institute of Expertise (MIT) in 1981.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala labored for the World Financial institution in Washington DC as a growth economist for over 25 years and rose to quantity 2 within the firm’s place. She was additionally company secretary and vp.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was two occasions Nigerian Minister of Finance and Minister of Overseas Affairs. Whereas on obligation beneath the administration of former President Olusegun ObasanjoOkonjo-Iweala led negotiations with the Paris Membership that resulted in Nigeria’s $ 30 billion debt being repaid, together with the $ 18 billion complete cancellation.
After serving beneath Obasanjo’s administration, she was named govt director of the World Financial institution Group. Okonjo-Iweala, as managing director, oversaw the World Financial institution’s operational portfolio of US $ 81 billion in Europe, Central Asia, South Asia and Africa.
In the course of the tenure of President Goodluck Jonathan, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was later reappointed Treasury Secretary with the expanded portfolio of Coordinating Secretary of the Financial system. His legacy as Treasury Secretary consists of strengthening Nigeria’s public finance system and stimulating the housing sector via the institution of the Nigerian Mortgage Refinance Company (NMRC).
She was additionally accountable for the implementation of the GIFMS (Authorities Built-in Monetary Administration System), the TSA (Treasury Single Accounts) and the IPPMS (Built-in Personnel and Payroll Administration System).
In 2012 she was a candidate for President of the World Financial institution and ran towards President of Dartmouth Faculty, Jim Yong Kim. Assuming she had been elected, she would have been the group’s first feminine president.
Okonjo-Iweala was nominated by President Muhammadu Buhari as Nigeria’s candidate for Director Normal of the World Commerce Group (WTO) in June 2020. they was unanimously appointed as the following Normal Supervisor on February 15, 2021.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is with Dr. Ikemba Iweala, a neurosurgeon in the USA, married. The wedding is blessed with 4 youngsters, Onyinye Iweala, Uzodinma Iweala, Okechukwu Iweala, and Uchechi Iweala.
Awards and recognitions
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has obtained quite a few recognitions and awards. A few of them embody:
• Finance Minister of the 12 months, Africa Investor Journal (2004)
• TIMEs European Heroes Award (2004)
• Finance Minister of the 12 months for Africa and the Center East, The Banker (2004)
• Africa and Center East Finance Minister of the 12 months, Rising Markets Journal (2005)
• World Finance Minister of the 12 months, Euromoney (2005)
• Bishop John T. Walker Distinguished Humanitarian Service Award (2010)
• Columbia College College’s World Management Award for Worldwide and Public Affairs (2010 – 2011)
• World Management Award from the Chicago Council on World Affairs (2011)
• President of the Gold Medal of the Italian Republic, Pia Manzu Heart (2011)
• Prime 10 Most Influential Girls in Africa (Forbes, 2011)
• The 100 Most Inspirational Individuals within the World Who Ship for Ladies and Girls (Girls Ship, 2011)
• Prime 150 girls on the planet (Newsweek, 2011)
• Prime 100 Girls within the World (The Guardian, 2011)
• The Prime 100 World Thinkers (Overseas Coverage, 2011 and 2012)
• Prime Three Most Highly effective Girls in Africa (Forbes, 2012)
• David Rockefeller Bridging Management Award (2014)
• The 100 Most Influential Individuals within the World (TIME, 2014)
• One of many 50 largest world market leaders (Fortune, 2015)
• World Equity Award, World Equity Initiative (2016)
• Energy with Goal Award, Devex Growth Communications Community (2016)
• Girls’s Financial Empowerment Award, WEConnect Worldwide (2017)
• Vanguard Award, Howard College (2017)
• Madeleine Okay. Albright World Growth Award, Aspen Institute (2017)
• She is recipient of the Nigerian Commander of the Federal Republic (CFR)
• Prime 100 strongest girls on the planet (Forbes, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014)
• Condé Nast Worldwide has additionally listed you among the many 73 “sensible” enterprise influencers on the planet.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s books
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala can be an creator and has a lot of books. A few of them embody:
• Transparency and accountability within the administration of public funds
• Chinua Achebe: trainer of sunshine
• Reform of the unreformable
• Financial reforms: progress and challenges
• Preventing corruption is harmful
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Internet Value
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has held numerous positions in Nigeria and all over the world. Earlier than her first appointment in Nigeria, she was busy The World Financial institution in Washington DC rises to quantity 2 in managing director.
The official Okonjo-Iweala property are usually not out there, however we promise to replace this text as quickly as we obtain credible info from a dependable supply.
Social Media Handles
You’ll be able to join with Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by way of: